Sunday 5 July 2015

Dominating Dog Fights

So I get this phone call last night from my Dad to tell me my Mom has been bitten by one of our dogs. Naturally, I got worried and scared that it might be something serious but all that heart felt and sincere concern I went ice cold when I heard why. My parents have this beautiful big old boy Alsatian that is getting on in life now. His decline is youthful exuberance has sparked a resurgence in the cheekiness of their Jack Russell cross. So, as nature intended, the two dogs had a fight for King of the Castle. My mother, without considering the situation, prods her hand in between them to separate the fight. Now while I still feel genuine concern for bite wounds I also feel like saying “Well, I told you so!”. Never, ever, try break up a fight with your hands. In the heat of the moment your quiet little munchkin is not thinking about what it bites – it just bites everything. While neutering your animals does have a large effect of their natural instinct to dominate this may not solve it entirely. We also understand that simply standing back and watching the gruesome show is not an option so what can you do? I found this article on line that has some very good pointers: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.